Each week Campaign Brief will post positions available within the Australasian advertising, media and marketing industry through TheBestAdJobs.com, a joint initiative of Bestads and Campaign Brief. Check out this week’s jobs below.
HEAD OF ENTERTAINMENT (FULL TIME) – NZME, AUCKLAND
In this role you’ll help set NZME’s entertainment content strategy, drive audience growth and develop new entertainment products that win audiences and create commercial opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll oversee entertainment and lifestyle content through our TimeOut and BeWell magazines, New Zealand Herald and NZH.co.nz, ensuring the content is successfully integrated with radio and digital.
How You’ll Do It:
– Show excellent news judgement and help your team generate unique content ideas that lead the market.
– Find and develop innovative ways of delivering entertainment content, to new and existing audiences across multiple platforms, with a particular focus on innovative commercial and premium content offerings.
– Maintain strong networks and public profile to represent NZME in the entertainment sector and wider community.
– Lead from the front by appearing in radio and video presentations for NZME and others, and by writing strong and insightful pieces.
– Think audience-first, using analytics and research data to understand and respond to what audiences want, and share this data with the team to increase their understanding.
You’ll have significant experience in leadership roles at major media organisations. You’ll be comfortable in print, digital, broadcasting environments and will have a strong track record in people-leadership. You’ll foster a culture of excellence and inclusion and will think strategically and with a forward-focused vision.
JUNIOR PLANNER (FULL TIME) – THE MONKEYS, SYDNEY
The Monkeys are looking for a Junior Planner to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Planning, your role will be to focus on research and supporting the team whilst simultaneously growing the relevant skills required to develop your creative and strategic thinking. You will build effective working relationships across the agency to ensure success for our clients.
– Research and help in the preparation of strategies and plans for The Monkeys that are in line with the client’s brief
– Collaborate with the broader Planning team on creative briefs
– Bring cultural insights into the agency to support both strategic and creative thinking
– Support the Planning team on pitches
– Develop an understanding of our client’s business, industry and consumer landscape, and play a role in educating the broader agency
– Participate in campaign post-analysis and determine success factors
– Brief and collaborate with the Creative department to provide strategic insights in order to deliver the best work
– Build relationships and liaise with Content and Production teams
– You have a point of view and can bring your own thinking to the department
– You’re hands on and curious
– Prior experience or internships in strategy within a creative agency is a plus
– Excellent writing and research skills
– Able to prioritise and take ownership of deliverables
– Excellent attention to detail
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (FULL TIME) – MAUD, CREMORNE
MAUD is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join a small team dedicated to creating design solutions across a variety of industries. You will be responsible for managing the day to day in support of the Client Director and Business Director to deliver a number of brand and campaign projects across MAUD’s portfolio of clients. You’ll support all elements of the creative and production process, from brief to client approval, and production. As well as the opportunity to run your own projects/ clients.
• Support the Client Director and Business Director on a number of client projects to ensure they run efficiently and within budget.
• Manage your own jobs independently, reporting into the Client Director and Business Director.
• Develop trusting collaborative relationships with clients, suppliers and internal teams.
• Make the day-to-day happen: manage timelines and budgets, keep WIP documents up to date, prepare meeting agendas and contact reports.
• Working with internal teams support the production process from concept approval to shoot and manage the backend of production, liaising with suppliers, printers and media agencies to ensure deadlines and specs are met.
• Support the Client Director and Business Director in managing feedback/approvals process with client.
•5+ years’ experience in an agency or design studio
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and stakeholders
• Organisational mind and an eye for detail
• Proactive self-starter who is resourceful in finding solutions to challenges
• Calm and focussed under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Strategic thinker with the ambition to further develop strategic skills
• Interest in design, art, culture and fashion
MAUD is an entity of The Monkeys and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. No agencies please, we’ve got this one covered.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR/COPY LEAD (FULL TIME) – SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, HAWTHORN
• Marketing, Recruitment & Channel Integration, Students
• HEW 7: $87,170 – $93,999 plus 17% superannuation
• Full-time, 12-month maternity leave contract, based in Hawthorn
Make the leap client-side, but choose your client wisely. Hint – us. At Swinburne, you’ll use your creative superpowers for the good cause of education! You’ll be leading the writing team within the creative team, which acts like the university’s in-house agency, design studio and production house. From student recruitment campaigns to faculty-specific projects and a plethora of university departments needing marketing and communication support, no two days are alike.
Some of the things you’ll stretch your elite writing chops on – doco-like videos, film ads, microsites, long form nurture-style editorials, radio. Then there’s the stuff that should be your core strength – snappy, surprising headlines which you’ll deploy across social, digital display, search and print advertising. Portfolio-worthy opportunities abound for the astute creative.
This is you:
• Mid to senior copy-based creative, bred in a traditional ad agency, digital agency or publisher.
• Wants to be closer to the marketing decisions (and maybe influence them).
• Have experience leading a team. Still loves hunkering down and writing your own copy too.
• Media neutral thinker with exquisite craft. (Show us your campaigns, standalone ads, content pieces, the lot.) Note – candidates without portfolios will be automatically excluded from consideration.
• Understands the fundamentals of SEO and what works on the web and in social media.
• Interested in digital personalisation and optimisation.
• Proactive about seeking answers. Engaging presenter. Seeks to surprise. Always looking for a fresher idea.
• Manages multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
• Have completed a degree in advertising, communications, writing or similar.
COPYWRITER (FULL TIME) – YOUI, SUNSHINE COAST
Hey! So you think you can write? Awesome – come and do it with us. On the Sunshine Coast.
The Youi brand has been created by a small band of in-house people. People who’ve worked for big agencies, small agencies and themselves. We’ve plugged away and created a brand that’s challenged the big guys and certainly made some in-roads. But the bigger we’ve got, the more voices we’ve gained. So we need another writer who can help us bring it all together and create a clear and consistent voice across everything we do.
Our crew does it all. From TV to radio, social, digital, ‘content’, design, customer experience and (the slightly less exciting but still important) insurance docs.
Good. We’re looking for an up-and-comer who’s super hungry and wants an opportunity to do great work. Ideally, you’ll have a few years’ experience working in a digital or ad agency. You like words (obviously) but also know what looks nice.
While you’ll be writing copy for a whole bunch of stuff – from our website and app to banners, eDMs, blogs, scripts, a bit of paid search and SEO – you’re not too precious to do some of the heavy lifting when it comes to chunkier documents. But they’re not that scary.
You’ll have a more senior writer who’ll guide you. So you won’t be out there by yourself. And you’ll be working alongside designers and developers, and reporting into our Creative Director.
Oh, you love ideas too. And are happy to work collaboratively to make them happen. You’re also rather fond of video and won’t be afraid to get out there with our content producers to interview somebody after a cyclone. Or a flood. Or something a little lighter. You never know.
Most of all, we want a writer who wants to learn. Somebody who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty, and somebody who wants to be part of a small team doing things differently.
The building we work in is nice and has good coffee. Yes, it’s on the Sunny Coast, but we don’t overlook the beach. It’s not far away, though.
MEDIA SALES EXECUTIVE (FULL TIME) C2B PROMOTIONS, PERTH
Are you tired of the daily grind selling old media ?
We have an opportunity to do your own thing, We are Perth Based you can use our Osborne Park offices and mix it up working from home. We are looking for an experienced media sales professional must be well presented, spoken and able to communicate at executive level.
We offer NEW MEDIA, great alternatives to old borning newspapers and TV, you will be selling solutions for pro active business looking to grow sales and customers to their databases. Our sales assets include Ad Boards (walking ambush) great to build brand awareness and impact sales, you will also have a unique Media Channel to monetize callers to Australia biggest IVR Call centre, add Digital , some fixed screens (out of home) and affiliate programs to compliment our customers requirements
The successful candidate can look forward to great mentoring and help from a small team of seasoned media professionals reporting directly to the CEO you will be a self motivated self starter, resourceful and innovative.
The role is 30 hours per week, you must have experience and a network in the media, know your way around advertising agencies but also be experienced and confident to walk into a direct customer at the highest level.
We will offer all the assistance you will need to be successful, professional creative, ad agency support. You must be a real hunter a hard charger everything is flexible a real work life balance there will be some weekend work and interstate travel. The only thing not flexible is results. We are different and making a real statement with fresh new ways of finding solutions for customers.
If this sounds like you feel free to apply send us an expression of interest to email@example.com and brief overview and we can set up a chat you will need a current drivers licence and vehicle . Applications close COB 25th July 2019
We are an unlisted public company and you must have correct visas, TFN or ABN to work in Australia
MID-WEIGHT CREATIVE TEAM: ART DIRECTOR / COPYWRITER (FULL TIME) – BECKON, SYDNEY
We’re beckoning ambitious mid-weight creatives, either individual Copywriters and Art Directors, or a team. Our client is a young, independent, entrepreneurial agency who love the work they do & who they do it for. Based on Sydney’s North Shore, this is a vibrant, modern, creative office; teeming with bright passionate people who are hungry for success.
There are many brilliant brands to work on with proper ambition and the budgets to match; allowing for big ideas, loads of variety, and the opportunity to step up, push boundaries, and make your mark.
Other perks include professional training and development, meditation, annual team trips to exotic locations, weekly team lunches, stretch projects that align with your passions, flexible work hours, kid and dog office days.
And the pay? Damn good at $90-110K inclusive, each.
Taking ownership of projects end to end, you’ll be putting your superb art and copy crafting skills to great use; bringing out of the box thinking, visual storytelling and imagination to life everywhere that matters: social, content, experiential, OOH, brand development, and beyond.
Core to your success will be the ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to a broad range of brands and client challenges.
– Passionate and energised, you’re a big-picture thinker with an eye for detail.
– Your smart ideas always excite and delight.
– With no more than 8 years’ experience, you have your finger on the pulse when it comes to local and global culture, trends, innovation, and our industry.
– You also possess a good understanding of what can be achieved within specific timeframes and budgets.
We’re looking for a team or individuals who are hungry to grow with this agency, to prove themselves, and step up to CD someday.
Whatever you put in; you will get back at this agency. I promise you.
Are you keen?
If you love a creative, nimble, indie agency environment, enjoy working with inspiring brands and talented fun people, please email a brief cover note, your CV, and folio to Justine@beckon.net.au.
SENIOR MIDWEIGHT FASHION – LIFESTYLE DESIGNER (FULL TIME), HARTAS & CRAIG, SYDNEY
We are working with one of the best agencies in Australia. Which means we’re looking for one of the best fashion and lifestyle Designers to join their team. The standards are high here but if you’re the right person, trust me, you’ll love it. You must be design driven and like a challenge, as well as pushing boundaries to be the best.
You should have at least 5+ years’ design/creative agency experience across concepting, branding, creation and delivery of engaging design work. You’re able to demonstrate a high level of craft skill and detail oriented design. Ideally you have a design degree and/or a strong proven track record accompanied by a portfolio or website that showcases the high-level work you’ve created. If you’ve completed additional courses or won shiny things, even better.
You will be responsible for delivering award-winning ideas whilst sticking to a tight strategic brief. You’ll be involved in photoshoots, styling and art direction, commissioning and briefing Photographers, Artists or Film-makers to work on a variety of interesting projects, so an element of confidence is essential.
Lastly but by no means least important, your design aesthetic, layout and typographic skills will shine through. This is a very friendly and professional agency where culture and people are hugely important. We want you to thrive there and they do as well.
TheBestAdJobs.com offers recruiters and agencies a fantastic low rate of $50 per job listing.
TheBestAdJobs.com reaches the international audience of bestadsontv.com and the Australasian audience of campaignbrief.com, campaignbrief.co.nz and campaignbriefasia.com.
New and featured jobs have visibility on the Bestads and Campaign Brief sites 24/7, reaching upwards of 300,000 unique visitors a month.