Each week Campaign Brief will post positions available within the Australasian advertising, media and marketing industry through TheBestAdJobs.com, a joint initiative of Bestads and Campaign Brief. Check out this week’s jobs below.
DIGITAL COORDINATOR (FULL TIME) – GARVAN INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, DARLINGHURST, SYDNEY
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is a multi-disciplinary biomedical research facility working to create a healthier future for everyone affected by disease.
We have 600 scientists working, collaborating and pioneering investigations into the diseases that have the biggest impact on society. Our researchers investigate the origins, diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets of disease with the ultimate aim of improved treatment, early diagnosis, prevention and cure of disease.
The Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, tasked with raising and administering vital funds from private individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate and community groups.
The Marketing and Communications team of the Foundation serves as brand ambassadors for the Institute and the focal point in writing and editing a wide range of scientific, educational, promotional, and marketing content; as well as thought leadership, that supports the Foundation’s overall supporter growth and brand strategies.
Reporting to our Senior Digital Officer, you will help amplify Garvan’s data insights by writing content for landing pages, web articles, and social media posts that highlight and promote key research areas, videos, campaigns, and other forms of content.
You are, and love being a digital content all-rounder. With a highly collaborative approach and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of an organisation, you will easily leverage the subject matter expertise of various stakeholders with your individual editorial knowledge and SEO skills to make all digital and social content relevant, differentiated, thought-provoking, actionable, and on-brand.
You will also have a strong presence (appropriate for in-depth interactions with colleagues across various levels of the Foundation; and the Garvan Institute). Not only are you able to communicate with a confident and knowledgeable voice about what constitutes effective writing and social media usage in the highly competitive online community; but we’re crossing our fingers that you’ll also know how to navigate the non-profit & scientific industries as well!
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This is a fixed-term, 12 month contract role with a strong likelihood of extension.
THE BREAD & BUTTER OF BEING OUR DIGITAL COORDINATOR
– Work with subject matter experts to develop thought leadership content, effectively enhancing their words while maintaining voice and brand alignment.
– Work collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team and various stakeholders in the Foundation and Institute. This includes supporting marketing campaigns & activities, providing social media support, and EDMs.
– Work collaboratively with the Fundraising team to support digital fundraising efforts.
– Apply your knowledge of Google Analytics to optimise content and implement strategies for increasing engagement and retention.
– Provide content production and design support using the Institute’s content management system, and the timely and accurate publishing of content.
– Use your HTML and CSS skills to maintain standards and functional content.
– Implement best practice approaches to web content, including human-centred and mobile-first design principles, and championing engaging, readable content with strong SEO flair.
– Oversee the digital inbox and respond to staff queries and business-as-usual updates to the website and related channels.
If you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience writing for the web, are degree qualified and/or have equivalent experience in digital, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related discipline then we’d love to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers website, which can be accessed via the following link: https://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201960.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
Your application must include:
– A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above (maximum one page).
– An up-to-date version of your CV (maximum of two pages).
– Contact name, title, company, number, and email address of two referees.
Recruiters, thanks for thinking of us but we have this one covered. Cheers!
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (FULL TIME) – SCC TALENT, SYDNEY
Are you ready to step into a career-accelerating agency role? This integral SAM role with a highly-respected and successful independent full-service agency in Sydney is for you.
Reporting to a GAD and working across an enviable list of clients including blue chip global and local brands, you will be responsible for driving fully integrated creative projects. The role will call upon your experience with TTL creative development and campaign delivery, where you’ll be responsible for estimating and scoping projects, managing campaign delivery to timeline and budget. You’ll also need to bring your strategic smarts and amiable personality to become a true partner with your clients.
You’ll need to be an experienced Senior Account Manager, with a minimum of 4 years of Agency experience under your belt. You will need to be an energetic go-getter, passionate about creativity, who thrives best when striking a balance between working autonomously and as a part of a small team.
This is such a great agency! They’ve won a swag of agency and creative awards and are highly respected throughout the industry. Their culture is fiercely independent, open, warm and fun, and their team of non-pretenders are wonderful to work with. Located in an inner-city suburb, with inviting open air offices, with public transport and cafes close by.
This role truly is the backbone of the account management team of this great agency, where your contribution and value will be undeniable. Don’t miss out!
TheBestAdJobs.com offers recruiters and agencies a fantastic low rate of $50 per job listing.
TheBestAdJobs.com reaches the international audience of bestadsontv.com and the Australasian audience of campaignbrief.com, campaignbrief.co.nz and campaignbriefasia.com.
New and featured jobs have visibility on the Bestads and Campaign Brief sites 24/7, reaching upwards of 300,000 unique visitors a month.