Auckland-based photographer Manja Wachsmuth has two entries selected by juries of top global creative leaders as finalists for The One Club for Creativity’s historic ADC 100th Annual Awards.
One of the finalists, with Phil Clark, Chand Sahrawat and Sid Sahrawat, all in Auckland, is for “Behind Closed Doors” photography for Cuisine Magazine. Wachsmuth’s other ADC 100th finalist, with Monique Fiso Wellington and Jeremy Sherlock Auckland, is for “Hiakai” photography on behalf of Penguin Random House.
All finalists will receive a Gold, Silver, Bronze Cube or Merit at this year’s ADC 100th Annual Awards, to be announced on June 9 during the online Creative Week 2021. The complete list of finalists for ADC 100th Annual Awards can be downloaded here.
Globally, Spotify In-House New York leads the world with 19 ADC 100th finalists, including 10 for “Alone with Me”, five for “Your 2020 Wrapped”, and one each for “Duos”, “Listening Together”, “Save Our Stages” and “Thank You Listeners”.
Goodby Silverstein & Partners San Francisco and The New York Times Magazine New York each have 18 finalists, BBDO Group Germany Duesseldorf and FCB Chicago have 16 each, and DDB Paris and FCB New York each have 14.
The entry receiving the most finalists selections with 12 is “Michelob ULTRA Courtside” by FCB New York for Michelob ULTRA, Microsoft and the NBA, followed by City of Chicago “Boards of Change” by FCB Chicago with 11.
In the lead up to the awards ceremony, The One Club will announce all Best of Discipline winners for the ADC 100th Annual Awards on June 2. Members of creative teams responsible for a select group of top winners will discuss the work with jury members in live streaming sessions on June 9.
Under the banner “Connect. Provoke. Inspire.,” Creative Week 2021 will include The One Show 2021, historic ADC 100th Annual Awards, Young Ones Student Awards and Type Directors Club special awards ceremonies, dozens of general programming panels and workshops across Awards, Agency, Main and Education Stages, and premium events on the VIP Stage including the Executive Creative Summit for agency principals and a day-long Creative unConference.
In addition to the awards and VIP events, other general session highlights of Creative Week 2021 are:
- Five sessions hosted by leading interactive entertainment company Epic Games on how game technology is empowering creators and redefining pipelines for VFX, filmmaking, interactive experiences and more;
- Health Pharm with McCann Health, examining everything a creative needs to know about health care advertising;
- Global Media Talks, where top ad publications in 10 countries and regions host a week-long series of panels with leading creatives in their market to discuss creative trends;
- Sessions on important Inclusion & Diversity and Gender Equality topics;
- Virtual visits to offices of some of the industry’s hottest advertising and design agencies;
- Educators Summit and student programming, including portfolio reviews and agency recruiting sessions for students.
Registration and ticketing for Creative Week 2021 is now open, with three tiers of pricing by region to make the festival more affordable. Content on the Awards Stage, including all One Show, ADC, Young Ones and TDC awards ceremonies, is free.
Creative Week 2021 branding was created by Benny Gold, senior graphic designer, Goodby Silverstein Partners, San Francisco.