Global business and financial news network CNBC, has appointed WeThinkMedia to exclusively represent its advertising business in Australia and New Zealand, effective immediately.
As Australia’s largest independent media representation business, WeThinkMedia is ideally positioned to help local advertisers and agencies access CNBC’s highly driven and successful audience across a diverse platform that includes broadcast, online, branded content, social media and events.
Says Emma Sirca, vice president, APAC ad sales and client partnerships, CNBC International: “CNBC remains the number one business and financial news network across the region, with a dedicated news bureau in Sydney focusing on telling the Australian business story to our global audience. With consistently strong double-digit audience growth year-on-year in both our TV viewership and online readers in Australia, we made the decision to increase our commercial presence in this key market. We’re delighted to be partnering with WeThinkMedia to allow easier access for even more Australian clients to engage our network’s influential C-suite audience.”
Says Peter Wiltshire, founder and director, WeThinkMedia: “CNBC offers advertisers direct access to a high value, high yield audience. These aspirational, affluent, influential and decisive consumers turn to CNBC to both stay informed and to get ahead: some 84% of CNBC’s audience take action upon seeing the content – whether making a business decision; buying or selling shares; conducting further research on a company, market or issue; or discussing the subject matter with others. The early market response has been fantastic as we present the CNBC offer to advertisers.”
With a mission to help influential and aspirational people make astute decisions to get ahead, CNBC enables audiences to keep up with the latest business and financial news through a diverse network that spans traditional and emerging channels:
– Television, with CNBC flagship programs such as Squawk Box, Squawk on the Street and Capital Connection. Across Australia and New Zealand, CNBC is available in
over 3 million households and more than 20,000 hotel rooms on Foxtel and Sky TV.
– Online: CNBC.com is the world’s #1 business news publisher and unique visitors in the Asia-Pacific region rose by 43% year-on-year. CNBC.com attracts 1.1 million monthly unique visitors from Australia and New Zealand alone.
– Podcasts, with 2.6 million downloads/listens worldwide per month.
– Facebook and Instagram headlines in story format (15-second reads).
– Social video journalism through CNBC’s Explains and Reports 3-minute video series.
– On-ground events, featuring influential speakers, interactive forums and premium networking opportunities.
CNBC joins WeThinkMedia’s portfolio of leading media brands that includes The New York Times, New Zealand digital outdoor company LUMO, and foundation client MediaWorks New Zealand.