The winners of the 2019 Immortal Awards have been announced and just four projects have been crowned Immortal by this year’s jury. Whilst New Zealand has not received any winners or commendations this year, Colenso BBDO has been named New Zealand Agency of the Year, followed by DDB New Zealand and FCB New Zealand.
1. Colenso BBDO
2. DDB NZ
3. FCB NZ
NZ Production Company:
1. Flying Fish
2. Curious Film
The 74 piece shortlist was whittled down by this year’s world-class panel of jurors to just four Immortal winners and 13 Commendations, following an intense day of discussion and debating.
The winning projects were chosen at the final round of judging, held at MPC in New York on Friday 15th November.
This year’s Immortal winners are:
Libresse – Viva La Vulva, submitted by AMV BBDO, Somesuch, Trim Editing, Soundtree and Zenith
March For Our Lives – Generation Lockdown, submitted by McCann New York and Hungry Man
Microsoft – Changing the Game, submitted by McCann New York and Hungry Man
The New York Times – The Truth Is Worth It, submitted by Droga5 New York, Part of Accenture Interactive, Final Cut and Wave Studios
Three of this year’s Immortal winning projects hail from the US, with the fourth coming from the UK. Amongst the Commendations are projects from Canada, Israel, Sweden, The USA and the UK.
By receiving a Commendation, Lil Nas X – ‘Old Town Road’ (ft. Billy Ray Cyrus) becomes the first ever music video to pick up an award in the history of the Immortal Awards.
Despite a 36% increase in entries for 2019, this year’s jurors matched the ruthless high standards of the inaugural Immortal Awards jury who similarly awarded just four Immortal Awards and 12 Commendations.
With every single entry into the Immortal Awards scoring points, the results of this year’s Immortal Awards, as well as last year’s, can be viewed on the League Table of Creativity. The League Table has been designed as a useful tool for anyone who seeks to find out the most creative companies in the world across both network level and company level with the ability to focus on yearly results and local regions and cities.
The global League Table rankings for 2019 are as follows:
1. McCann North America
2. AMV BBDO
3. Droga5 New York, Part of Accenture Interactive
1. Hungry Man
2 Time Based Arts
3 MPC London
1 Final Cut NY
2 The Assembly Rooms
Music & Sound:
1 Sonic Union
3 JSM Music
Says Matt Cooper, founder of Little Black Book: “We have seen the Immortal Awards go from strength to strength since it launched last year. We’re delighted at the huge increase in entries which will help fuel our global League Table of Creativity and are excited to share this with the world. The judges this year were passionate about what we are trying to achieve with this show – an unbiased global celebration of creativity that will help everyone in our industry work to the highest standards. Congratulations to the many companies credited on this incredible work.”
Says Paul Monan, Awards director: “A huge congratulations to everyone involved in the four Immortal winning projects and the 13 Commendations. The standard set last year was adhered to by this year’s jury, who were ruthlessly tough during the debates and discussions. Despite the strength of this year’s shortlist, the number of Immortal winning projects is just four, demonstrating how tough it is to win an Immortal award. A big thank you to this year’s jury for their insight and we’re now looking forward to touring the winning work in our Immortal Awards Showcase series.”
The full list of winners for The Immortal Awards 2019:
– Libresse – Viva La Vulva – submitted by AMV BBDO, Somesuch, Trim Editing, Soundtree and Zenith – London, UK
– March For Our Lives – Generation Lockdown – submitted by McCann New York and Hungry Man – New York, USA
– Microsoft – Changing the Game – submitted by McCann New York and Hungry Man – New York, USA
– The New York Times – The Truth Is Worth It – submitted by Droga5 New York, Part of Accenture Interactive, Final Cut and Wave Studios – New York, USA
– Adidas – Billie Jean King Your Shoes – submitted by TBWA\Chiat\Day NY – New York, USA
– Alzheimer’s Society – My Carer – submitted by McCann EMEA – Frankfurt, Germany & London, UK
– Black & Abroad – Go Back To Africa – submitted by FCB/SIX – Toronto, Canada
– Burger King – The Whopper Detour – submitted by FCB New York – New York, USA
– Huawei – StorySign – submitted by FCB Inferno, DOG EAT DOG and Mcasso – London, UK
– Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence – The Gun Violence History Book – submitted by FCB Chicago – Chicago, USA
– John Lewis & Partners – The Boy and The Piano – submitted by adam&eveDDB, Academy Films, MPC London, The Assembly Rooms, Factory Studios & Cinelab London – London, UK
– K’s Galleries – Eva Stories – submitted by Leo Burnett Israel – Tel Aviv, Israel
– Lil Nas X – ‘Old Town Road’ (ft. Billy Ray Cyrus) – submitted by Electric Theatre Collective LA – Los Angeles, USA
– Skittles – Broadway the Rainbow – submitted by DDB North America and Smuggler – Chicago, USA
– Volvo – The E.V.A Initiative – submitted by Forsman & Bodenfors and Goodbye Kansas Studios – Gothenburg, Sweden
– Wavio – See Sound – submitted by Area23, An FCB Health Network Company – New York, USA
– Wendy’s – Keeping Fortnite Fresh – submitted by VMLY&R – Kansas City, USA