The finalists for the 41st AWARD Awards have been announced today across all categories. DDB New Zealand leads the agency pack with 52 finalists.
A full list of finalists can be accessed here.
By section, those agencies with the most finalists include:
● Advertising – DDB Group New Zealand with 25; CHE Proximity and The Monkeys with 16; Clemenger BBDO Wellington and Special Group Australia with 11; BMF, DDB Sydney and TBWA/Sydney with 8; TBWA/Melbourne with 7 and Leo Burnett 6.
● Design – DDB Group New Zealand, Raydar and TBWAHAKUHODO with 3; Block, BMF, CHE Proximity, Houston Group, Liquorish Brand and Digital, Rabbit Content, TBWAIndia, and The Monkeys with 2.
● Craft – Revolver/Will O’Rourke with 24; FINCH with 18; Good Oil with 17; Sweetshop with 10; DDB Group New Zealand and Scoundrel with 9; Alt.vfx, CHE Proximity and The Editors with 6; ARC Edit, Assembly, DDB Sydney and TBWASydney with 6.
● Film & Entertainment – BMF with 14; DDB Group New Zealand with 9; DDB Sydney and The Monkeys with 8, CHE Proximity with 5, Special Group Australia with 4, and Bear Meets Eagle on Fire and FINCH with 3.
● Innovation – CHE Proximity and Leo Burnett with 2; Clemenger BBDO Sydney, DDB Group New Zealand, LIDA Australia and Ogilvy Sydney all with 1.
● Media – DDB Group New Zealand with 4; CHE Proximity and Special Group Australia with 3 and M&C Saatchi with 2.
● Purpose – CHE Proximity with 6; Ogilvy Group Thailand, TBWAHAKUHODO, TBWASantiago Mangada Puno and The Monkeys all with 2.
● Planning (APG Creative Strategy) – BMF with 9; Clemenger BBDO Wellington with 6; DDB Sydney and Host/Havas with 3; CHE Proximity, M&C Saatchi and whiteGREY all with 2.
● Planning (Brand Building) – only winners will be announced.
The AWARD Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 27 March 2020 at The Venue, Alexandria as the culmination of a three-day AWARD Creative Festival that will incorporate live judging to award metal as well as a number of other events.
Tickets are available here.
Chairs for the Juries are:
Digital – Craig Brooks
Press, Poster and The Dark Arts – Sarah Barclay
Media Thinking – Russ Tucker, TBWA’s Eleven PR FH
Impact – Pia Chaudhuri, BMF
Design – Michaela Webb, Round
Culture – Michael Hilliard, FINCH
Sound – Kim Pick, VMLY&R
Film – Jeff Goodby, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Craft in Motion – Wilf Sweetland, Sweetshop
Life-Changing – Tea Uglow, Google Creative Lab
APG Creative Strategy (1) – Andrew Howie, Amazon
APG Creative Strategy (2) – Sudeep Gohil, KPMG
Brand Building – Brent Smart, IAG
AWARD thanks all judges for their time and dedication to the awards. A full list of judges can be found here.
AWARD would also like to thank our sponsors Adstream, Alt.vfx, Campaign Brief, Google, Stellar Entertainment, and The Editors.