AWARD Awards gala dinner scheduled on 27 March cancelled; AWARD Chair Cam Blackley issues statement on Coronavirus Crisis
AWARD chair Cam Blackley and the AWARD Committee have issued a statement to the AWARD community regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
“As you are all aware, the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly and it is important that we take the advice of Australian and State Government authorities.
Our primary responsibility is to maintain the health and well-being of the AWARD community, specifically, our members, staff, and event attendees.
In particular, it is essential that we act on advice associated with mass gatherings.
AWARD has put the following measures in place:
● The AWARD 40th Cocktail Party planned for 25 March at the Museum of Contemporary Art will be rescheduled. We will be following the advice of authorities as to when this will be possible: hopefully, later in the year
● All other events included in the AWARD Creative Festival planned for 25 – 27 March will also be rescheduled
● The AWARD Awards gala dinner scheduled on 27 March at The Venue in Alexandria has been cancelled.
● We will refund anyone who has bought tickets to any of the scheduled events
● AWARD Awards judging on March 25 and 26 will proceed as planned, but AWARD is currently developing contingencies to ensure judging can be managed safely, most likely via virtual conferencing
● AWARD is still planning to announce all AWARD Award winners on 27 March as scheduled. AWARD is currently reviewing the best options as to how this will be managed
● AWARD School will proceed as scheduled but we are currently developing contingency plans to ensure that all students, lecturers, tutors and staff can be confident of their personal safety and wellbeing. Further details will be announced later this week.
When we weighed up an award show versus the health and safety of our creative community and their families there was only one winner, one course of action to take. Award is not alone in taking pre-emptive measures.
While this was a gutting decision to have to make in light of the new format, events and speakers we had lined up, we will reschedule the AWARD 40th Cocktail Party and other festival events whenever this becomes possible.
The quality of the Award entries this year is impressive and will still get the attention it deserves from world class judges.
We still plan to announce AWARD Award winners as scheduled on Friday 27 March.
We are working with all our stakeholders to determine the best way to ensure this will happen, and we will announce further details later this week.
We will continue to follow any further developments and advice from the government over the next few days and weeks and will be acting in the best interests of us all.”
Ongoing AWARD announcements can be found at AWARD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Australian Government’s advice is found at health.gov.au
For any further information please contact email@example.com