The 2021 judging panel for The Radio Bureau’s ORCA (Outstanding Radio Creative Awards) has today been announced.
This year’s judges are:
• Maria Devereux – Executive Creative Director / Colenso BBDO
• Ralph Van Dijk – Founder and Executive Creative Director / Eardrum
• Lisa Fedyszyn – Executive Creative Director / Special Group
• Tony Clewett – Chief Creative Officer / Federation
• Kim Ellison – Creative Director / Stanley St
Says Pete Richardson, general manager, The Radio Bureau: “We’re thrilled to have an ORCA panel of such a high calibre, with representatives from both New Zealand and Australia. We’ve already received some excellent entries for this year’s awards, so the judges will have some tough decisions to make.”
There are two prize categories for the competition, with judging based on four criteria: creativity, execution, effectiveness, and innovation:
• The Grand ORCA: $10,000 total cash prize, $10,000 client radio campaign, ORCA trophy
• People’s Choice Award: $2,000 total cash prize, $5,000 client radio campaign, ORCA trophy
The competition is open to creatives* whose campaign audio will air on a New Zealand commercial radio station within the competition period of June 30th 2020 to June 30th 2021.
ORCA entries are notoriously easy to complete, with just an audio file and basic campaign details required at trb.co.nz/orca. Entries close on June 30th 2021 at 5pm.
*Creatives working at TRB, NZME, MediaWorks or any other independent radio station in New Zealand are excluded from the competition, as these individuals are served by the industry specific New Zealand Radio Awards.
Visit the website for more information trb.co.nz/orca