The judges have had their say, and the top five entries in the 2021 ORCA have been announced.
- – VW – Zero To Crazy (New Name): Matt Williams, Freddie Coltart & Rory McKechnie (DDB)
- – Fire and Emergency NZ – Firefighters Don’t Like Fire Movies: Hayley Marks & Hugh O’Connor (FCB)
- – PAK’nSAVE – Meat Hijack: Adam Redmond & Emerson Hunt (FCB)
- – NZ Police – Enjoy The View: Lauren Southon, Maraea Walker, Slade Gill & Hywel James (FCB)
- – Partners Life – Unhappily Ever After: Jack Gravatt (Special Group)
Judging was based on four criteria: creativity, execution, effectiveness and innovation.
The 2021 panel consisted of Maria Devereux (Colenso BBDO), Ralph van Dijk (Eardrum), Lisa Fedyszyn (Special Group), Tony Clewett (Federation) and Kim Ellison (Stanley St).
Voting will open for the People’s Choice Award at 9am on Monday July 19th.
The Grand ORCA winner will take home a $10,000 cash prize and a $10,000 client radio campaign. The People’s Choice Award winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a $5,000 client radio campaign.
ORCA winners will be announced over an awards luncheon on Thursday August 12th at The Matisse Room in Auckland.